“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times,
always with the same person”. – Migon McLaughlin.
Falling in love is mostly associated with the period of dating. This is when two people of the opposite sex connect and express love, care and have special feelings for each other. Although, this feeling is common in dating, married couples should however learn to fall in love again and again with each other in order to keep enjoying the marriage. Particularly, it refreshes the marriage and facilitates its success.
How can the flames of love be kept hot in marriage? Men and women have different expectations from each other. Fulfilling these expectations holds the key to the most successful and healthy marriages.
Women generally desire 3 A’s from men namely: Attraction, Attention and Affection.
- Attraction- Always make her feel attracted to you. Watch your physical appearance. Have a nice hair cut that she likes. Keep yourself neat and tidy.
- Attention- Ensure you spend quality time with her. Go out on special romantic dates. Take a vacation together and have a nice time. Every woman loves to get attention from her man. Listen with not only your ears but also with your eyes and heart when she wants to talk with you.
- Affection- Men should whisper sweet words into the ears of their wives. Make an effort in satisfying her desires in actions. Don’t just say ‘I love you’. Make her feel loved and appreciated by your actions. Try to woo her again and again. This helps to rekindle the flames of love.
Also, men want 3 R’s which are: Respect, Romance and Recognition.
- Respect- This is vital to a man’s ego. A wife should accord her husband the respect needed and not bruise his ego. Make him feel respected and he will cherish, respect and love you.
- Romance – Wives should also learn to keep up with the romance. Learn to spice things up in the bedroom. Put an extra effort to look attractive to him. Leave a short love note for him. Send him some romantic text messages.
- Recognition- They should also learn to recognize and appreciate even the trivial things that husbands do such as helping out with the selection of clothes and some household chores.
“Let the wife make the husband glad to come home,
and let him make her sorry to see him leave”- Martin Luther.
The more you invest in love, the more you grow in love. The presence of your partner excites and thrills you. You would not like to see him/her leave.
Never let the fire of love fizzle out.
Keep it hot!