Seems just like yesterday when 2015 was a brand new year and people all around the world celebrated the cross over from the past year into the “New Year”. Well, we are at that point once again when virtually everyone earnestly anticipates the birth of another New Year! Of a truth, the year 2015 brought its share of highs and lows, laughter and tears, failures and success etc. This period should generally be a time to retreat, reflect over the year and make plans for the coming year. However, people sometimes get so caught up in the end of year rush and may easily forget to prepare for the forthcoming year.
At the beginning of every year, it is a common occurrence for people to make resolutions and set goals to be achieved within the year. Although these goals or resolutions may not necessarily hold so much importance for some as they could be mere rituals. For others, it may provide a sense of direction for the entire year.
Did you make plans at the beginning of this year?
Were your plans mere rituals?
How much of your goals have you achieved so far?
At this point and time, it is very important to have a deep reflection on what your 2015 was like, recount your achievements for the year and the impact you made however little it may seem.
Let’s do this together!
- Search for your earlier set goals/ resolutions for this year
- Place a check mark on the goals you were able to achieve
- Outline those goals that are yet to be achieved
How many checks do you have altogether?
And how many pending goals do you have left?
Kudos to you if you were able to achieve over 50% of your set goals for the year and if you achieved ALL your set goals, then you probably deserve a medal. However, if peradventure, you could not achieve so much of your goals, well no need to cry over spilled milk. It simply indicates that there is a need for re-strategizing. Failure to achieve our set goals for the year could be as a result of so many factors such as:
- Lack of proper planning
- Setting unrealistic goals
Remember, it all starts with YOU! Now that the above have been identified, the next line of action is simply;
- Avoid procrastinating in 2016. Make your plans and set a time frame for it/them and ensure to reward your success at every level of achievement.
- Face your fears by delving into action. The worst that can happen is that you will fail at it, but how about we look at the best that can happen, which is that you will be successful at it!
- Be courageous in the New Year by tapping into more sources of encouragement such as having a role model and believing in yourself.
- Ensure that you plan adequately for every set goal. It will also be of great help to have a plan B.
- Make your goals as realistic and achievable as possible.
The year 2015 has been an amazing year for us at Mobile Health Consult and we look forward to an even more amazing 2016!
Remember to follow me on twitter @drmorayojimoh into a successful 2016.
Start every day of the New Year with the Keys to Happiness.
Click HERE to download now.
We wish you a splendid New Year!